As many of you likely know, most reporters are assigned to a beat– one subject to cover for their respective publication, from which they rarely stray. Bond reporters report about bonds, Fed reporters write about the Fed, private equity reporters write stories about private equity. Some people are generalists, but even your average generalist covering “Wall Street” will generally not cover things like medical malpractice or the Middle East because, you know, those things do not actually fall under the category of, “Wall Street.” As you may also know, Charles Gasparino is not your average reporter, and is not bound by the traditional definition of “Wall Street,” which would explain his most recent investigative piece. Read more »
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Things Could Be Worse But They Could Also Be Better At Jefferies Right Now
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Opening Bell: 10.30.14
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com