In the spring of 2001, though he didn’t know it at the time, Mathew Martoma made a horrible mistake. After being expelled from Harvard Law School for falsifying his transcripts, Martoma (né Thomas) applied, was accepted to, and ultimately chose to attend Stanford’s Graduate School of Business. While having an MBA on his resumé may have helped Martoma in the short-term, years later it would cause him immeasurable heartache, when Stanford stripped him of his degree, deciding that it was too good to have a convicted insider trading among its alums. One business school not too good to embrace a person convicted of securities fraud? University of Southern California’s Marshall School of Business. Danny Kuo found this out when he was looking for some sort of diversion to keep his mind off of the possibility of going to prison in 2012. Read more »
- 17 Apr 2014 at 2:22 PM
Convicted Insider Trading Asks Judge To Delay Sentencing So He Can Enjoy The Pageantry Of B-School GraduationBy Bess Levin
- 28 Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM
Football is back, and 1-week fantasy juggernaut DraftKings.com is offering a guaranteed $5,000,000 in prizes.
DraftKings has a special offer for Dealbreaker readers—make a first time deposit and get free entry into a $100,000 contest.
Or if you’re a high roller, you can pay $200 to compete for $1,000,000 in prizes in the NFL Sunday Million contest.
So what is 1-week fantasy? On DraftKings, it’s simple. You draft a new team every time you want to play. Choosing from the list of available players, you pick the best possible team under DraftKings’ allotted salary cap. Payouts are instant and completely secure, and DraftKings is 100% legal.
Click on any of the links in this article to claim your free entry into the DraftKings $100,000 Week 1 contest.
- Convicted Insider Trading Asks Judge To Delay Sentencing So He Can Enjoy The Pageantry Of B-School Graduation April 17, 2014
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- Swiss Bankers Suddenly Bashful About Listing "Sparkling Water," "Hooker For Client" On Expense Reports August 29, 2014
- Kyle Bass Not Entirely Thrilled With Paul Singer At The Moment August 28, 2014
- Horror In The Hamptons: Rosé Shortage Edition August 27, 2014
- If Chris Rokos Isn’t Allowed To Lose $383 Million At Brevan Howard, He Should Damn Well Be Allowed To Lose It Somewhere Else! August 27, 2014
- Pay Hike Watch '14: Raises For Everyone (Under 25)! August 21, 2014
- You Now Have Two Ways To Evaluate Mortgage-Backed Securities August 29, 2014
- Opening Bell: 08.28.14 August 28, 2014
- Write-Offs: 08.29.14 August 29, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com