Robert Darling commutes once a week from his two-bedroom apartment in Bradley Beach, N.J., to seek love in Manhattan, panhandling for affection beneath a sandwich board. ”I’m looking for a wealthy lady to be my wife,” reads his entreaty, written in multi-colored marker…For nearly a decade, he has donned the portable personal advertisement at his three preferred love-seeking locations: the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Columbus Circle and Wall Street. Besides financial security, Darling says his requirements for a lady love are fairly lenient. He wants a smart woman who will make him laugh and enjoys listening to the band Genesis on the audio cassettes he carries with him. And his threshold for wealth is refreshingly lenient, at least by the standards of the posh Manhattan areas where he looks for love: an eligible bachelorette must have a net worth of $750,000, he says. Darling is willing make exceptions for the right person. His sign offers the following caveat: “Ladies Not yet rich but very well off will be considered.” [WSJ]
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Bonus Watch '14: US Bankers
- Opening Bell: 10.29.14
- October Not The Best Of Times For Hedge Funds
- Get Cliff Asness A Job On Madison Avenue
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com