Robert Darling commutes once a week from his two-bedroom apartment in Bradley Beach, N.J., to seek love in Manhattan, panhandling for affection beneath a sandwich board. ”I’m looking for a wealthy lady to be my wife,” reads his entreaty, written in multi-colored marker…For nearly a decade, he has donned the portable personal advertisement at his three preferred love-seeking locations: the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Columbus Circle and Wall Street. Besides financial security, Darling says his requirements for a lady love are fairly lenient. He wants a smart woman who will make him laugh and enjoys listening to the band Genesis on the audio cassettes he carries with him. And his threshold for wealth is refreshingly lenient, at least by the standards of the posh Manhattan areas where he looks for love: an eligible bachelorette must have a net worth of $750,000, he says. Darling is willing make exceptions for the right person. His sign offers the following caveat: “Ladies Not yet rich but very well off will be considered.” [WSJ]
- 28 Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM
Football is back, and 1-week fantasy juggernaut DraftKings.com is offering a guaranteed $5,000,000 in prizes.
DraftKings has a special offer for Dealbreaker readers—make a first time deposit and get free entry into a $100,000 contest.
Or if you’re a high roller, you can pay $200 to compete for $1,000,000 in prizes in the NFL Sunday Million contest.
So what is 1-week fantasy? On DraftKings, it’s simple. You draft a new team every time you want to play. Choosing from the list of available players, you pick the best possible team under DraftKings’ allotted salary cap. Payouts are instant and completely secure, and DraftKings is 100% legal.
Click on any of the links in this article to claim your free entry into the DraftKings $100,000 Week 1 contest.
- Attention Unwed Women Of Wall Street: Area Man Seeks Genesis-Loving Rich Lady To Be His Wife August 9, 2011
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- Swiss Bankers Suddenly Bashful About Listing "Sparkling Water," "Hooker For Client" On Expense Reports August 29, 2014
- Kyle Bass Not Entirely Thrilled With Paul Singer At The Moment August 28, 2014
- Write-Offs: 08.29.14 August 29, 2014
- Horror In The Hamptons: Rosé Shortage Edition August 27, 2014
- If Chris Rokos Isn’t Allowed To Lose $383 Million At Brevan Howard, He Should Damn Well Be Allowed To Lose It Somewhere Else! August 27, 2014
- Opening Bell: 08.28.14 August 28, 2014
- Pay Hike Watch '14: Raises For Everyone (Under 25)! August 21, 2014
- New Investment Vehicle Offers Promising Returns, High-Risk Of Saying "Screw It, I'm Drinking This" August 28, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com