Not much of a surprise at this point, but Massachusetts Senator-elect and former Republican Elizabeth Warren was formally nominated for a seat on the Senate Banking Committee. That appointment still requires a vote of the Democratic caucus, but it’s all but a foregone conclusion that the woman who calls herself the intellectual godmother of the Occupy Wall Street movement and who has pushed for tougher rules for banks will now be among those writing the rules. At the very least, she has won a hell of a bully pulpit. Read more »
Senate Banking Committee
- 13 Dec 2012 at 1:13 PM
Elizabeth Warren, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Doesn’t Sound So Bad Anymore, Does It?By Jon Shazar
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Things Could Be Worse But They Could Also Be Better At Jefferies Right Now
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Lets Analysts Deal With His 28k Strip Club Tabs
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com