The year 2012 has been an eventful and unpleasant one for Scott Thompson. In January he left his post as head of Ebay’s PayPal unit to become the new chief executive officer of Yahoo!. In May activist shareholders revealed that an entry on his résumé claiming that he had a bachelor’s degree in computer science was inaccurate. Less than two weeks later, Thompson was gone from Yahoo, undergoing treatments for thyroid cancer [he is cancer free now] and seemingly vanquished from the Silicon Valley scene. Now, the comeback: Thompson has signed on as CEO of ShopRunner, which is organizing a consortium of retailers to offer perks like free two-day shipping for online purchases. [Businessweek]
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- If You Stand Perfectly Still, Dan Loeb Cannot See You: Sony Execs
- Buy Anything With The Word ‘Cuba’ In It
- Bonus Watch '14: Citigroup
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- Janet Yellen Politely Asks Elizabeth Warren To Shove It
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- Bill Ackman Just Can't Help Himself
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com