Sir Philip Hampton said investors who owned RBS shares before its £45.5bn bailout in October 2008 were likely to be dead before the bank’s value recovered to anything close to its pre-crisis level. “I don’t think shareholders wealth is likely to be restored any time in my lifetime or some lifetimes beyond,” said Sir Philip, who was brought in as the bank’s chairman in January 2009. [Telegraph]
- 27 Nov 2013 at 1:30 PM
The holiday season is nigh and you still haven’t shopped. While you’re dreaming only of sugar plum fairies bearing fat bonuses, you don’t the time to mingle with the riff raff at some big box nightmare. Dealbreaker is here to help. Behold the 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide, chockfull of descriptors like “custom,” “gourmet,” “housecleaning,” and “DB swag.”
Click through to check out all of our gift choices for the hardcore capitalist in your life.
- Royal Bank Of Scotland Chairman Isn't Gonna Sugarcoat Things Here May 30, 2012
- Are You A First-Year Analyst But Want To Look Like You're Punching Above Your Weight? December 9, 2013
- No.2 At Noted Boiler Room Not Just A Lowlife On The Job December 10, 2013
- Guy Who Worked In Notorious Boiler Room Where He Was Urged By Boss To Slit His Throat Has Already Fandangoed His Tickets To The Movie December 9, 2013
- Opening Bell: 12.09.13 December 10, 2013
- New HLF Product: The Tables Have Turned December 9, 2013
- Bernie Madoff Has Regrets December 9, 2013
- Bob Diamond Goes Where He's Pretty Sure No One's Ever Heard Of Him December 9, 2013
- The 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide November 27, 2013
- Write-Offs: 12.09.13 December 9, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com