CNBC: Why not, if you had nothing to do with this murder, why not turn yourself in? Have a lawyer, you go in with security guys, you can go in with cameras, why not go in and tell them you don’t know about the murder? John McAfee: Because it’s fine to go in with security. It’s fine to go in with cameras. But when I am detained, you are not allowed to go into the jail cell with me. This is where people simply disappear. They choke on their own vomit or hang themselves or are beaten to death by fellow prisoners. If you’ve done any research on Belize and the legal and police system, you will discover disastrous results. CNBC: Do you really think they would kill you? McAfee: Absolutely, I do, sir. CNBC: What have the last five days [in hiding] been like? McAfee: They’ve been okay. I don’t have a lot of freedom of movement. The food is not best. I have no television. I would like a television. [CNBC via BI]
- 27 Nov 2013 at 1:30 PM
The holiday season is nigh and you still haven’t shopped. While you’re dreaming only of sugar plum fairies bearing fat bonuses, you don’t the time to mingle with the riff raff at some big box nightmare. Dealbreaker is here to help. Behold the 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide, chockfull of descriptors like “custom,” “gourmet,” “housecleaning,” and “DB swag.”
Click through to check out all of our gift choices for the hardcore capitalist in your life.
- McAfee Founder/Fugitive Wanted For Murder Misses TV November 16, 2012
- Tommy Belesis Will Have To Wait At Least 1 Year Before Threatening To Hit Another Broker With His Car December 5, 2013
- Swiss Banks Will Not Be Rushed Re: Deciding To Comply With U.S. On Tax Evasion December 5, 2013
- Layoffs Watch '14: Investment Banking December 4, 2013
- The 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide November 27, 2013
- Greek-Focused Hedge Fund Doing Okay For Itself December 5, 2013
- Who Among Us Wouldn't Listen To A Guy Pitch An Investment Involving "Pay-Per-View Programming Starring Carmen Electra" And Proceed To Wire Him $195,000? December 5, 2013
- Marissa Mayer Is An Enigma, Wrapped In A Michael Kors Dress, Posing Upside Down On A Chaise Lounge December 5, 2013
- "Brokers who show up with stubble are sent to the bathroom, where a bow-tied attendant dispenses razors, cologne and candy." February 25, 2013
- James Dondero Can Manage The Hell Out Of A Hedge Fund AND Own His Turncoat Former Partner/Soon-To-Be-Ex-Wife's Star Witness Without Breaking A Sweat: Press Release November 21, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com