Barclays has fired five employees following its internal investigation of the rigging of Libor interest rates and disciplined another eight people, the head of its investment bank said on Wednesday. Rich Ricci, chief executive of Barclays’ corporate and investment banking, said “a lot” of the individuals identified in its internal probe had left the bank so it could not take action against them. [Reuters]
- 27 Nov 2013 at 1:30 PM
The holiday season is nigh and you still haven’t shopped. While you’re dreaming only of sugar plum fairies bearing fat bonuses, you don’t the time to mingle with the riff raff at some big box nightmare. Dealbreaker is here to help. Behold the 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide, chockfull of descriptors like “custom,” “gourmet,” “housecleaning,” and “DB swag.”
Click through to check out all of our gift choices for the hardcore capitalist in your life.
- Barclays Has Fired All The Employees Involved In Libor Manipulation That Didn't Slip Out A Side Door And Beat Them To The Punch November 29, 2012
- In The Future, Hedge Fund Manager Will Definitely Think Twice Before Transferring £600k To Her Lover's Bank Account No Questions Asked December 4, 2013
- Layoffs Watch '14: Investment Banking December 4, 2013
- Bill Ackman Actually Pretty Good At Running A Hedge Fund December 4, 2013
- Local Moron Throws Some Numbers Around, Decides There's A One-In-10 Chance Obama Resigns Next Year December 4, 2013
- Goldman Sachs Suggests London Consider A World Without Goldman Sachs December 4, 2013
- Goldman Sachs Is Thinking That Goldman Sachs Is A Pretty Good-Looking Bet In 2014 December 4, 2013
- SAC PM Accused Of Insider Trading Didn't Have Time For A Customary "How Are You? How's Your Mother?": Goverment Witness December 4, 2013
- The 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide November 27, 2013
- BofA, JPMC, Citi Even Worse At Complying With Mortgage Settlement Than Wells Fargo December 4, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com