Barclays has fired five employees following its internal investigation of the rigging of Libor interest rates and disciplined another eight people, the head of its investment bank said on Wednesday. Rich Ricci, chief executive of Barclays’ corporate and investment banking, said “a lot” of the individuals identified in its internal probe had left the bank so it could not take action against them. [Reuters]
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Sage Kelly Bids Jefferies Adieu
- Bonus Watch '14: Jefferies
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- Bill Ackman Just Can't Help Himself
- Opening Bell: 12.17.14
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Jorge Posada As Good At Picking Financial Advisers As He Was At Throwing Out Baserunners
- Goldman Sachs Ready To Show Everyone How This Whole ETF Thing Is Done
- Ex-BlackRock Exec Regrets £43,000 Commuting Scam, Will Never Work In This Town Again
- Layoffs Watch ’14: Citi Mailroom
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com