“Bon appétit,” says Pandit, as he slices into a beetroot and continues to extol the virtues of something he calls the “SMAC stack”. I tell him this sounds awful but, he assures me, “it’s the vernacular for the ease for which you can get into business today,” and it stands for “Social media, Mobility, Applications and Cloud. “Data is like . . . You’re too young, but there was a movie with the [line about] plastics.” When I assure him I’m familiar with The Graduate, he says: “Data is this generation’s plastics. I don’t see business models being truly successful until you get it.” [FT]
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Christmas Come Early At Casa De Falcone
- Area Man Underestimates Just How Much Steve Cohen Hates His Ex-Wife
- Opening Bell: 11.25.14
- Former JP Morgan Employee Trades "Root Of All Evil" Gig For Extreme Water Sports
- Bonus Watch '14: Congrats On Being An Investment Banker
- Hedge Funds Great At Picking Absolutely The Worst Stocks This Year
- How Much Did Goldman Sachs Make For Losing Muammar Gaddafi $1.2 Billion?
- Restaurant Offering 35k Thanksgiving Dinner Just Saying Think About It
- Federal Prosecutors Don't Appreciate Former Jefferies Trader's Vivid Imagination
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com