CNBC: Why not, if you had nothing to do with this murder, why not turn yourself in? Have a lawyer, you go in with security guys, you can go in with cameras, why not go in and tell them you don’t know about the murder? John McAfee: Because it’s fine to go in with security. It’s fine to go in with cameras. But when I am detained, you are not allowed to go into the jail cell with me. This is where people simply disappear. They choke on their own vomit or hang themselves or are beaten to death by fellow prisoners. If you’ve done any research on Belize and the legal and police system, you will discover disastrous results. CNBC: Do you really think they would kill you? McAfee: Absolutely, I do, sir. CNBC: What have the last five days [in hiding] been like? McAfee: They’ve been okay. I don’t have a lot of freedom of movement. The food is not best. I have no television. I would like a television. [CNBC via BI]
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Opening Bell: 10.30.14
- Things Could Be Worse But They Could Also Be Better At Jefferies Right Now
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com