Remember when Third Point manager Dan Loeb told auction house Sotheby’s that it didn’t know dick about contemporary art? And demanded its chairman and CEO, William Ruprecht do the honorable thing and fire himself? And noted that Sotheby’s management in general was a joke? And (“jokingly”) described his campaign to “undermine the credibility” of Ruprecth as a “holy Jihad“? Now that the two sides have made nice– and Sotheby’s has given Third Point three spots on its board–, the auctioneers are going to compensate the Maestro of Mockery for his troubles. Read more »
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- Bonus Watch '14: Citigroup
- Buy Anything With The Word ‘Cuba’ In It
- If You Stand Perfectly Still, Dan Loeb Cannot See You: Sony Execs
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- Sage Kelly Bids Jefferies Adieu
- Bill Ackman Just Can't Help Himself
- Janet Yellen Politely Asks Elizabeth Warren To Shove It
- Opening Bell: 12.18.14
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com