Spyridon “Sam” Adondakis
- 14 Nov 2012 at 6:30 PM
- 18 Jan 2012 at 9:41 AM
Today’s Insider Trading Arrests Brought To You In Part By A Cooperating Witness Whose Name Starts With The Word “Spy”By Bess Levin
Remember, about a year ago, when hedge fund Level Global was rumored to have a government mole in its ranks? At the time, the firm’s representatives said such reports were total bull shit, and, investors were told, here’s how they knew that to be the case:
“As is the case each time there is a new development in the U.S. Attorney’s investigation, we have conducted an extensive internal factual correlation analysis, cross-referencing the facts in the complaints to our firm’s records. Our experienced outside legal counsel has also conducted its own analysis. Based on all of our work and analysis, we have concluded that these complaints do not appear to be referencing Level or Level personnel.”
Frankly, LG was getting a little tired of having to constantly run factual correlation analysis in order to prove the world wrong but c’est la vie. Anyway, despite usually having a 99.9% accuracy rate, the factual correlation calculator apparently missed one.
Last month, federal prosecutors in Manhattan said in a court filing in the case of a PGR employee that Level Global had made a $1.7 million profit by covering a short position it had in Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd. in June 2009. That May and June, a Level Global technology analyst had about seven phone calls with Manosha Karunatilaka, a PGR expert who worked at TSMC and has pleaded guilty to supplying inside information to investment fund clients, prosecutors said. The Level Global technology analyst, Spyridon “Sam” Adondakis, was overseen by Mr. Chiasson and is cooperating with the government’s investigation, the Journal has previously reported, citing people familiar with the situation.
And now this is happening: Read more »
- Accused Insider Traders Already Guilty Of One Thing November 14, 2012
- Opening Bell: 12.11.13 December 11, 2013
- No. 2 At Noted Boiler Room Will Give You Sex With 'A Zillion Women' But Draws The Line At Male-Male-Female Threesomes December 10, 2013
- Are You A First-Year Analyst But Want To Look Like You're Punching Above Your Weight? December 9, 2013
- The 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide December 10, 2013
- No.2 At Noted Boiler Room Not Just A Lowlife On The Job December 10, 2013
- Guy Who Worked In Notorious Boiler Room Where He Was Urged By Boss To Slit His Throat Has Already Fandangoed His Tickets To The Movie December 9, 2013
- Madoff Investment Securities Negotiating Tactic: Make Completely Ridiculous Compensation Request, Get Substantial Raise And Bonus Instead December 10, 2013
- Mike Steinberg Not Afraid To Make A Grown Man [Who May Or May Not Have Been Feeding Him Inside Info] Cry December 10, 2013
- Dr. Charles Gasparino, LCSW, Not Shedding Any Tears Over Rift With Bernie Madoff December 11, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com