Toward the end of the Raj Rajaratnam trial, the Galleon founder’s lead attorney John Dowd told reporters this would be his last case, noting that defending alleged insider traders is “a young man’s game.” At the time, we didn’t think it any great loss. But after he was asked by a CNBC camera crew if he wanted to give a comment and told them “Get the fuck out of here. That’s what I’ve got for CNBC,” we started to wonder if perhaps we’d been wrong to let him go without a fight, a feeling that only grew when, following Raj’s guilty verdict, Dowd declared the outcome a “23-14″ victory, for the defense. Then this morning we read the email he fired off to a Wall Street Journal reporter whose coverage of the Galleon trial Dowd believed was slanted in favor of the prosecution and have decided there is no way in “sucking Preet’s teet” hell we can allow this guy to bid us adieu just yet. Read more »
suck Preet’s teat
- 20 Jun 2011 at 10:32 AM
High-Priced Raj Rajaratnam Attorney John Dowd Earned His Fees With Behind The Scenes Rhetorical Questions About “Sucking” Prosecutors’ “Teats”By Bess Levin
- 28 Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM
Football is back, and 1-week fantasy juggernaut DraftKings.com is offering a guaranteed $5,000,000 in prizes.
DraftKings has a special offer for Dealbreaker readers—make a first time deposit and get free entry into a $100,000 contest.
Or if you’re a high roller, you can pay $200 to compete for $1,000,000 in prizes in the NFL Sunday Million contest.
So what is 1-week fantasy? On DraftKings, it’s simple. You draft a new team every time you want to play. Choosing from the list of available players, you pick the best possible team under DraftKings’ allotted salary cap. Payouts are instant and completely secure, and DraftKings is 100% legal.
Click on any of the links in this article to claim your free entry into the DraftKings $100,000 Week 1 contest.
- High-Priced Raj Rajaratnam Attorney John Dowd Earned His Fees With Behind The Scenes Rhetorical Questions About "Sucking" Prosecutors' "Teats" June 20, 2011
- Swiss Bankers Suddenly Bashful About Listing "Sparkling Water," "Hooker For Client" On Expense Reports August 29, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.02.2014 September 2, 2014
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- Get Ready To Hear "I'll Have My Assistant Make A Reservation At Denny's" A Lot More Often August 29, 2014
- Write-Offs: 08.29.14 August 29, 2014
- You Now Have Two Ways To Evaluate Mortgage-Backed Securities August 29, 2014
- Investor Relations Exec Charged With Insider Trading Opts For Business Extremely Casual At Court Appearance August 27, 2014
- Fake, Unregulated Currency Not Unregulated Enough For Some August 18, 2014
- Horror In The Hamptons: Rosé Shortage Edition August 27, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com