An upstate woman accused of running a lucrative Upper East Side brothel and boasting of law-enforcement connections was sentenced on Tuesday to six months in prison after weighing a last-minute decision to fight the case in court. Attorneys and family for Anna Gristina said she considered withdrawing her Sept. 24 guilty plea to promoting prostitution up until the moment she agreed to accept the sentence handed down by Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Juan Merchan. “It was a very difficult decision, and until the penultimate moment, it was an open question on whether she would elect go to trail,” said attorney Norman Pattis. Gristina, who was once dubbed the “Manhattan Madam” and the “Soccer Mom Madam,” will not have to serve any jail time, getting credit for four months she served at Riker’s Island because she could not make the initial $2 million bail…As she left the courthouse, Gristina told reporters that she plans to write tell-all book and called the Manhattan District Attorney’s office “more corrupt than the mafia.” Gristina’s case received extended media coverage following her February arrest amid an unconfirmed belief she had guarded a client list of recognizable and powerful figures in politics, sports and banking. Her lawyers had argued she was being “vindictively prosecuted” because she refused to provide investigators with the names of five well-connected male customers, who weren’t identified. [Metropolis]
- 20 Nov 2012 at 6:27 PM
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Bonus Watch '14: Congrats On Being An Investment Banker
- Bill Gross Reacts To George Soros's $500 Million Investment Like He's Been Awarded The Presidential Medal Of Freedom
- Mathew Martoma Is In Miami
- Bonus Expectations Got You Down? Boss Riding Your Ass? Quit And Support Yourself Via Fantasy Football
- David Rubenstein Will Have Warren Buffett Know He's Not A Porn Shop Operator
- Goldman Sachs Is Smart
- Steve Cohen Continues To Rid Firm Of Incentives For Employees To...Y'Know...
- Opening Bell: 11.21.14
- Rich People Are People, Too
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com