CNBC’s Senior Interior Decorator Charlie Gasparino dug deep and reports that upon taking over at Merrill last year, John Thain spent $1.22 million redecorating his office (itemized receipt after the jump). We don’t really care either way if JT “gets” to stay at Bank of Amerillwide or not, but please for the love of Angelo Mozilo (who, btw, didn’t get any heat for converting his office into a Hollywood Tans in ’89), if he does, can it be over the issue of spending $35k on a Porta Potty? This is something we want, nay, need, to hear Ken Lewis get worked up over. If that can’t be arranged, we’ll settle for Lewis sending a bunch of men over to Thain’s office to pee on, and then steal, the 90k rug.
That rug really tied the room together
- 22 Jan 2009 at 11:25 AM
- John Thain To Get Canned For Having Fabulous Taste? January 22, 2009
- Convicted Insider Trading Asks Judge To Delay Sentencing So He Can Enjoy The Pageantry Of B-School Graduation April 17, 2014
- Balyasny Asset Management Analyst Needs A Couple of Days Off In August April 17, 2014
- Goldman Sachs Suggests NYTimes Sleep With One Eye Open April 16, 2014
- Banker Who Used TARP Funds To Buy Florida Condo Isn't Allowed To Be A Banker Anymore April 17, 2014
- Marissa Mayer Wasn’t Crazy Enough To Give Former COO A $64 Million Severance Package For 15 Months of Work April 17, 2014
- Layoffs Watch '14: Credit Suisse April 17, 2014
- Beacon Hill Driver Lets His Vanity Plate Talk For Him April 17, 2014
- Who Wants To Buy A Las Vegas Resort? April 16, 2014
- Bill Gross Doesn't Understand Why El-Erian Won't Just Be A Man, Defend Himself, And Violate His NDA April 11, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com