CNBC’s Senior Interior Decorator Charlie Gasparino dug deep and reports that upon taking over at Merrill last year, John Thain spent $1.22 million redecorating his office (itemized receipt after the jump). We don’t really care either way if JT “gets” to stay at Bank of Amerillwide or not, but please for the love of Angelo Mozilo (who, btw, didn’t get any heat for converting his office into a Hollywood Tans in ’89), if he does, can it be over the issue of spending $35k on a Porta Potty? This is something we want, nay, need, to hear Ken Lewis get worked up over. If that can’t be arranged, we’ll settle for Lewis sending a bunch of men over to Thain’s office to pee on, and then steal, the 90k rug.
That rug really tied the room together
- 22 Jan 2009 at 11:25 AM
- Every Sexual Harassment Allegation Against Fired Female HSBC Exec Is Worse Than The Last
- De Blasio To Dimon: F*ck You And F*ck Your Tax Breaks
- Opening Bell: 10.22.14
- New York Fed Was Told To Look Into London Whale Office In 2009, Decided To Take Long Lunch Instead
- World's Greatest (Ex-) Banker Daughter Ties The Knot
- John Paulson’s Solution To Shire Problem Probably Not Sitting Well With Bill Ackman
- Bar Mitzvah Boy Tim Sykes Resurfaces On Below Deck, Gives Crew Stock Tips
- Mathew Martoma Still Going To Jail
- Bob Diamond's Daughter Releases Statement Re: Father's Firing
- Local Man Certain The SEC Not Allowed To Do Something It Very Clearly Is Allowed To Do
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com