CNBC’s Senior Interior Decorator Charlie Gasparino dug deep and reports that upon taking over at Merrill last year, John Thain spent $1.22 million redecorating his office (itemized receipt after the jump). We don’t really care either way if JT “gets” to stay at Bank of Amerillwide or not, but please for the love of Angelo Mozilo (who, btw, didn’t get any heat for converting his office into a Hollywood Tans in ’89), if he does, can it be over the issue of spending $35k on a Porta Potty? This is something we want, nay, need, to hear Ken Lewis get worked up over. If that can’t be arranged, we’ll settle for Lewis sending a bunch of men over to Thain’s office to pee on, and then steal, the 90k rug.
That rug really tied the room together
- 22 Jan 2009 at 11:25 AM
- John Thain To Get Canned For Having Fabulous Taste? January 22, 2009
- Don't Get Caught On "His" Side: A Survival Guide For Pimco Employees March 7, 2014
- Bonus Watch '14: Bank of America Just Couldn't Let Brian Moynihan Have This One March 7, 2014
- Greek Banks Need A Few Extra Billion March 7, 2014
- Bonus Watch '14: JP Morgan Whistleblowers March 7, 2014
- University Of Chicago Economics Department Suddenly Too Good For Fabrice Tourre March 4, 2014
- New Crop Of MBA Candidates Thinking They're Pretty Hot Shit March 6, 2014
- Area Barber Quits Creativity-Stifling Goldman Gig, Enjoys New And Previously Unthinkable Freedom To Cut March 6, 2014
- Stanford Graduate School of Business Goes Back In Time, Rejects Mathew Martoma March 5, 2014
- Bonus Watch '14: Ex-Fed Chiefs March 5, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com