…it was an after-party for Mack that now has both current and future Morgan Stanley executives fuming. That party, according to people who were invited, took place at the swanky Temple of Dendur in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Manhattan. The Temple features ancient Egyptian art and artifacts, where people with big bucks can sip wine and munch on expensive hors d’oeuvres as if they were hanging with Cleopatra…But what has some Morgan executives, both past and present, angered is the cost for the Temple bash and that Morgan appears to have picked up the tab, according to people close to the firm. To be sure, the price of renting a room at the Temple isn’t cheap. Corporations that become “patrons” of the Met pay an up-front fee of $60,000, which allows them to rent the Temple once a year and then pay an additional $38,000 to hold a two-hour reception. “Take a look at the stock price and tell me why they should be spending company money on this crap,” one former senior executive told FOX Business. [FBN]
- 28 Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM
Football is back, and 1-week fantasy juggernaut DraftKings.com is offering a guaranteed $5,000,000 in prizes.
DraftKings has a special offer for Dealbreaker readers—make a first time deposit and get free entry into a $100,000 contest.
Or if you’re a high roller, you can pay $200 to compete for $1,000,000 in prizes in the NFL Sunday Million contest.
So what is 1-week fantasy? On DraftKings, it’s simple. You draft a new team every time you want to play. Choosing from the list of available players, you pick the best possible team under DraftKings’ allotted salary cap. Payouts are instant and completely secure, and DraftKings is 100% legal.
Click on any of the links in this article to claim your free entry into the DraftKings $100,000 Week 1 contest.
- John Mack Can Have His Artisanal Pigs-In-A-Blanket Sans Flak When Morgan Stanley's Stock Price Hits Triple Digits December 12, 2011
- OH NO HE DI'INT: Ken Griffin Divorce Edition September 2, 2014
- Boone Pickens Basically A Porn Star: 5th Wife September 2, 2014
- Credit Suisse Investigation Into Husband/Wife Leak Raises More Questions Than It Answers September 2, 2014
- Angelo Mozilo Has No Idea Why People Still Want To Talk About Countrywide, He's Yet To Be Inducted Into The CEO Hall Of Fame September 2, 2014
- Allowance Watch '14: Citigroup September 2, 2014
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- One Unidentified Compliance Staffer Had A Hell Of A Labor Day Weekend On The SEC September 2, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.02.2014 September 2, 2014
- Carl Icahn Really Knows How To Make A 2.2% Return Shine September 2, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com