…it was an after-party for Mack that now has both current and future Morgan Stanley executives fuming. That party, according to people who were invited, took place at the swanky Temple of Dendur in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Manhattan. The Temple features ancient Egyptian art and artifacts, where people with big bucks can sip wine and munch on expensive hors d’oeuvres as if they were hanging with Cleopatra…But what has some Morgan executives, both past and present, angered is the cost for the Temple bash and that Morgan appears to have picked up the tab, according to people close to the firm. To be sure, the price of renting a room at the Temple isn’t cheap. Corporations that become “patrons” of the Met pay an up-front fee of $60,000, which allows them to rent the Temple once a year and then pay an additional $38,000 to hold a two-hour reception. “Take a look at the stock price and tell me why they should be spending company money on this crap,” one former senior executive told FOX Business. [FBN]
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- Dealbreaker Dramatic Reading Night Returns Wednesday
- Ruble’s Historic Freefall, Russian Economic Collapse Not Fazing Vladimir Putin
- JOBS Act Helps Hedge Fund Raise Money Through Widespread Advertising
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- If You Stand Perfectly Still, Dan Loeb Cannot See You: Sony Execs
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- The Indomitable Dov Charney Strikes Again
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com