Rumors began to circulate late last year that Jefferies could be acquired by a large bank, something that would surely result in layoffs. “When banks buy other banks, people lose their jobs,” said Richard Lipstein, managing director at executive search firm Gilbert Tweed Associates. “If you look at a sale of an investment bank, this is as close to perfect as it gets.” Leucadia, often compared to Berkshire Hathaway for its diverse set of holdings, already owns a 28% stake in Jefferies, meaning it intimately knows the firm and its culture, and believes in its direction, Lipstein said…As for layoffs, “there likely won’t be any,” said one headhunter who works with Jefferies and requested anonymity. “Now they’ll have a stronger balance sheet, and the ability to pick up slack where other firms have left off,” said the recruiter. [eF, earlier]
to the PoCG’s:
not a criticism– we appreciate the work you do
- 12 Nov 2012 at 3:42 PM
Layoffs Watch ’12: Acquisition Of Jefferies By Perpetrators Of Cow Genocide Bodes Well For Firm’s EmployeesBy Bess Levin
- 28 Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM
Football is back, and 1-week fantasy juggernaut DraftKings.com is offering a guaranteed $5,000,000 in prizes.
DraftKings has a special offer for Dealbreaker readers—make a first time deposit and get free entry into a $100,000 contest.
Or if you’re a high roller, you can pay $200 to compete for $1,000,000 in prizes in the NFL Sunday Million contest.
So what is 1-week fantasy? On DraftKings, it’s simple. You draft a new team every time you want to play. Choosing from the list of available players, you pick the best possible team under DraftKings’ allotted salary cap. Payouts are instant and completely secure, and DraftKings is 100% legal.
Click on any of the links in this article to claim your free entry into the DraftKings $100,000 Week 1 contest.
- Layoffs Watch '12: Acquisition Of Jefferies By Perpetrators Of Cow Genocide Bodes Well For Firm's Employees November 12, 2012
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- Swiss Bankers Suddenly Bashful About Listing "Sparkling Water," "Hooker For Client" On Expense Reports August 29, 2014
- Kyle Bass Not Entirely Thrilled With Paul Singer At The Moment August 28, 2014
- Write-Offs: 08.29.14 August 29, 2014
- Horror In The Hamptons: Rosé Shortage Edition August 27, 2014
- If Chris Rokos Isn’t Allowed To Lose $383 Million At Brevan Howard, He Should Damn Well Be Allowed To Lose It Somewhere Else! August 27, 2014
- Opening Bell: 08.28.14 August 28, 2014
- Pay Hike Watch '14: Raises For Everyone (Under 25)! August 21, 2014
- New Investment Vehicle Offers Promising Returns, High-Risk Of Saying "Screw It, I'm Drinking This" August 28, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com