…hedge fund recruiters in the last week said they’re starting to see signs that the rock-solid allegiance of these top-shelf traders, who help keep the 56-year-old billionaire art-lover up to his Picasso in fine art, is softening. Traders who recently blew off recruiters looking to pitch them on leaving Cohen’s $14 billion Stamford, Conn., firm are now at least hearing them out…To be sure, Bob Olman, president of Alpha Search Advisory Partners, a hedge-fund executive search firm, said he has seen no noticeable uptick in résumés from SAC since Martoma’s arrest. Michael Castine, a recruiter at executive search firm Korn/Ferry International, also confirmed that he is not seeing a widespread move by SAC traders to bolt. SAC has been a target of the government’s insider trading crackdown for so long, he noted, that employees are nearly immune to it by now. “SAC seems to have been a target for quite some time and they’ve been through this before,” he said of Cohen’s roughly 1,000 employees. “I guess it’s safe to say nobody’s reached out to say, ‘Get me out of here.’” [NYP]
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Opening Bell: 10.30.14
- Things Could Be Worse But They Could Also Be Better At Jefferies Right Now
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com