…hedge fund recruiters in the last week said they’re starting to see signs that the rock-solid allegiance of these top-shelf traders, who help keep the 56-year-old billionaire art-lover up to his Picasso in fine art, is softening. Traders who recently blew off recruiters looking to pitch them on leaving Cohen’s $14 billion Stamford, Conn., firm are now at least hearing them out…To be sure, Bob Olman, president of Alpha Search Advisory Partners, a hedge-fund executive search firm, said he has seen no noticeable uptick in résumés from SAC since Martoma’s arrest. Michael Castine, a recruiter at executive search firm Korn/Ferry International, also confirmed that he is not seeing a widespread move by SAC traders to bolt. SAC has been a target of the government’s insider trading crackdown for so long, he noted, that employees are nearly immune to it by now. “SAC seems to have been a target for quite some time and they’ve been through this before,” he said of Cohen’s roughly 1,000 employees. “I guess it’s safe to say nobody’s reached out to say, ‘Get me out of here.’” [NYP]
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- Ruble’s Historic Freefall, Russian Economic Collapse Not Fazing Vladimir Putin
- Dealbreaker Dramatic Reading Night Returns Wednesday
- If You Stand Perfectly Still, Dan Loeb Cannot See You: Sony Execs
- JOBS Act Helps Hedge Fund Raise Money Through Widespread Advertising
- Bonus Watch '14: Citigroup
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com