The ultra-rich bankers, hedge fund managers and private equity executives of New York City have long enlisted private security firms to help safeguard them and their wealth. But as the mood on Main Street turns increasingly hostile, New York’s financial titans are cranking their security measures up to 11…One executive contacted Insite requesting help planning his escape from the United States in the event the federal government was overthrown, said Howard A. Shapiro, Insite’s chief technology officer. The executive wanted to know how much gold to keep on hand and how to escape the United States by submarine in the event of a major incident. [NYT via BI, related]
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- Banks Still Pretty Pissed Off Their Shady Mortgage Dealings Came So Expensively To Light
- Ruble’s Historic Freefall, Russian Economic Collapse Not Fazing Vladimir Putin
- Point72 Asset Management Now Has A Unit Called "Creating Rubric Capital"
- Bonus Watch '14: Financial Services Employees Across The Pond Like Their Odds
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- Opening Bell: 12.22.14
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com