Zuccotti Park-owner Brookfield Office Properties has issued a statement expressing concern about the conditions on its property. “Unfortunately, many of the individuals currently occupying the grounds are ignoring [our] basic yet necessary requirements, which interfere with the use of the park by others, including local residents, office workers, and visitors,” the company statement explains. It adds that “sanitary conditions have reached unacceptable levels.” Every weeknight litter is normally removed from the park, the plaza is power washed and landscaping is tended do. But because of the protesters, none of that maintenance has been performed since Friday, September 16. Brookfield says it recognizes the people’s right to peaceful protest but that it has to maintain the park’s safety, cleanliness, and accessibility to everyone. [Fortune]
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- If You Stand Perfectly Still, Dan Loeb Cannot See You: Sony Execs
- Buy Anything With The Word ‘Cuba’ In It
- Bonus Watch '14: Citigroup
- Janet Yellen Politely Asks Elizabeth Warren To Shove It
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- Bill Ackman Just Can't Help Himself
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com