Market volatility taking up too much of your time to read all of DealBreaker? Locked in a conference room while closing a deal with no access to the web? Boss banned DealBreaker from the monitors at work?
We’ve got a solution. Now you don’t have to miss any of DealBreaker. As some of you already know, DealBreaker offers a daily newsletter, via email. We encourage you to subscribe.
You can sign up by entering your email address in the "Daily Newsletter" box, which appears in the grey box on the lefthand column of DealBreaker, and clicking "Subscribe." In case you're wondering, we won't sell your email address to a third party, spam you, or pepper you with questions about how your investments are doing. It's just the newsletter.
As a special thanks, if you subscribe in the next 24 hours, you'll receive a promotional code that's good for a free month of Sunday Silver. In case you're not familiar with it, Sunday provides you with the services of a personal assistant—which we’re sure the overworked traders and investment bankers and among you will appreciate in these turbulent times.
More details about the service, including the fine print for this offer, after the jump.
A few details about the newsletter and the offer:
1. At the current time, the newsletter consists of the RSS feed for DealBreaker. But this may change at some point in the future (with the addition of original content for the newsletter).
2. As noted above, we won't sell subscriber email addresses or send spam.
3. With respect to the offer for Sunday Silver, the promotion expires tomorrow, Friday, August 17, at 5 p.m. (Eastern time).
4. Depending upon the response rate, it may take a few days for you to get your promo code; so please be patient.
5. If you've already subscribed to the DealBreaker newsletter, but would like the promotional code, let us know by email (subject line: "Newsletter Promotion"). Please email us from the same account you used to sign up for the newsletter.
And here's more information about Sunday (provided by the company):
Sunday gives busy people the resources of a 24/7 personal assistant, available real-time via telephone and Internet, at a fraction of the cost of other options. Sunday’s always-accessible agents can search the Internet, arrange travel plans, set dinner reservations, make outbound calls, enable remote access to numerous websites and take action in emergency situations.
Agents can make international calls to most countries at no additional cost for members of the Gold service plan. Messenger and errand services are also currently available in NYC.
The service is available nationwide and we currently have customers in New York City, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Phoenix, Saint Louis, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington D.C.
Sunday [official website]