So Mike Mayo said earlier that Citi "may have to write down about $10 billion in deferred tax assets in the fourth-quarter" and Steve Liesman reports that the House of Vikula had this to say in response: "We have no idea how analysts came to this conclusion."
Here were some earlier drafts of the statement which would've been released had a media representative not intercepted :
* Is he insane?
* No seriously, Mayo, what are you smoking?
* We got nothing.
* What a whackjob this guy is
* Not even the Dollar Dom is this nuts
* We've pulled a lot of stuff out of our asses but this takes the cake
* That can't be right but we have no idea why-- CHALLENGE
* [Your call]