Time was, if you worked at Citi, one of the "perks" of the job was that you could let loose over email in ways other banks had already put the kibosh on. The big C may not pay the most, it may offer little to no prestige, and it definitely lost some fans when the "no catching a beej on the corporate jet" rule was enforced but inappropriate emails? Oh, that was something employees hung onto with pride. You wanted to have a rousing discussion about the best stall in which to JO&C? The mood struck Vikram to have a back and forth with Prince Alwaleed about a certain naughty hawk? Someone was wondering about the physics behind inserting a whiteboard marker in an underling's rectum? You found yourself dialoguing about Lenny Dykstra about setting up a time for your call and things suddenly got...weird? That was okay!
No longer. Because someone presumably took things a little too far (best guesses as to who ruined it for everyone welcome), Citi is putting its foot down. As employees have until July 17 to lock it up, we suggest making the most of the next 26 days.
From: Compliance Training
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 6:00 PM
To: Citi Employees
Subject: URGENT TRAINING REQUEST FROM CYNTHIA ARMINE, CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER
*** PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD THIS EMAIL ***
Recent headlines involving inappropriate e-mails are an important reminder to "think before writing, read before sending" lessons of the past scandals affecting the financial services business. To this end, employees are required to take a ten minute online training program titled Improper Electronic Communications briefing the do’s and don’ts of electronic communications.
You must review the course by 7/17/2010. Instructions to complete the training can be found below.
This course will also automatically count toward Firm Element Training credit for any client facing registered representatives.
Chief Compliance Officer
Instructions on accessing courses in the GLMS
1. You must use Internet Explorer. Any other internet browser such as Firefox, Opera, Chrome, etc., will NOT work.
2. Please note that this training does NOT contain audio.
Click on the link below to access the GLMS. It will take you immediately to the GLMS sign-on screen where you must enter your SOEID (branch ID for former Smith Barney employees) and single sign on password http://training.citigroup.net/sumtotal/lang-default/sys_login.asp?RU=
1. Once in the GLMS, click Assess (upper left corner) and then Training Analysis – your Assigned training is shown. Please note that you may have more than one page of assigned training.
2. Click the Registration icon (paper with blue checkmark) to the left of the Improper Electronic Communications course.
3. On the next screen, click the “SUBMIT” button. Please note it may take up to a minute for this screen to load. Please be patient.
4. You will then be taken to the Activity Details screen. Hold the ‘CTRL’ key down, and at the same time click the “START” icon to launch the course
Under no circumstances should you contact Cynthia Armine regarding this request.