From: [redacted at BNP Paribas]
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2011 10:51 AM
Subject: Almost Famous
For those of you who know Emma Sugarman (Head of BNPP Cap Intro) or look forward to meeting her this year, click here to watch her talk about three HF predictions on CNBC’s Fast Money. She comes on at the 1:30min mark.
Investors, if you have any new mandates, please let me know. I am happy to help. We continue to grow and work with new managers. Otherwise, I hope to check in with many of you by end of Q1.
Also, feel free to keep me in the loop if you have positions available or know of high quality people looking. We have a basic job/resume database, and I come across a fair amount myself.
P.S. Whether you have been married +30 years or are a single gal/guy about town, thought some of you would get a kick out of the attached doc. I have done many of these (not all). Send me any other interesting ideas.
I’ve tried to focus on smaller, off-the-run ideas. “Opportunities” that many of the big guys don’t know about and can’t touch. How many times have you heard that one before during your day job?
• Visit Manhattan Sailing Club’s floating Clubhouse.
• Cooking class www.thesocialtable.com
• Attend an Art Auction - Sotheby's (next is Jan 26th at 6:30pm), Christie’s or Philips de Pury
• Trying on furs at Fendi (or some other luxury retailer) - 5th ave @ 53rd st. 2nd floor
• Luxury apartment hunting – see how the other half lives. Sunday open houses. Grab lunch or coffee along the way.
• Grisly Pear’s Bluegrass jam. Weds nights starting at 9:30pm. Characters really come out of the wood work and easy to talk while gawking.
• Saturday morning gallery hopping in Chelsea with Highline Park visit.
• Camping in NYC Parks – For that summer weekend night when you aren’t in the Hamptons. Note: Save this one for the second date…
• Governors Island w/ ferry – bike or walking tour – tons of interesting events going on in the summer.
• Cupcake making class at Butter Lane.
• Trapeze class at pier 40
• Central park walking tour with drinks/coffee at the Boathouse before/after
• Shakespeare in the Park
• Roosevelt Island Tram/Cable car – best at night when you can look into apartments and see the skyline. Go for dinner/drinks on the east side prior. Walk around Roosevelt Island for a little.
• That Guitar Man (David Ippolitto) listening/picnicking in central park or Pier 45 in the W village. The latter is particularly good on summer fri evenings on the west side, overlooking the Hudson. He plays classic songs (Springsteen, Joel, etc).
• Bollywood film in Jackson Heights with good Indian food before/after
• George Washington Bridge bike ride w/ visit to Palisades Park in NJ
• Seafood dinner at City Island in the Bronx
• Yonkers race way - Thoroughbreds, Quarter horses, Trotters
• Cloisters tour
• Eat at New Leaf restaurant and walk around Fort Tryon park
• Check out the Academy Nominated Documentary short program at MoMA – sells out every year
• (Free) kayaking at pier 40, offered at other piers as well along the west side
• Poetry Slam
• Cabaret show
• Hookah bar
• Harlem Gospel adventure
• Chocolate walking tour
• Rockefeller center or Bryant Park ice skating
• Amateur night at Apollo Theater
• Favorite after work drinks/coffee place is the Armani Restaurant at the top of the Armani Store (717 5th ave). Walk through the store after.
•Favorite Drinks place – Prohibition style Raines Law Room http://www.raineslawroom.com/
• Dinner and a movie?
Send me any other interesting ideas.